5 Easy Tips To Stay Hydrated All Year Long

5 Easy Tips To Stay Hydrated All Year Long

April 04, 2023


It is late afternoon and you just realized you barely had some water throughout your day?

We all know how important it is to stay hydrated but we very often forget about it. However, up to 60 percent of our body is made up of water. So, staying hydrated is extremely important to keep organs functioning properly, to prevent infections, or regulate our body temperature. It also improves the quality of sleep, boosts energy, and improves our mood.

How much water should I drink per day?

You may have heard you should drink about 8 cups of water every day. Even though it seems like a reasonable amount, it doesn’t reflect individual needs. If you are an athlete, you probably need to drink more water than a person who sits in the office all day.

Hydration with WOW GEAR Water Bottles

According to the U.S. National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine, men should daily drink 125 ounces (3.6 liters) and women about 91 ounces (2.6 liters) from all beverages and food. About 80 percent of people’s total water comes from plain drinking water and other beverages, such as juice, milk and caffeinated beverages (Yes, coffee counts too!) and the rest 20 percent comes from food. Not an easy mission, right?

Try these 5 easy tips for staying hydrated.

  1. Start your day with a glass of water

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Make a coffee? Brush your teeth? Try to start your morning with a glass of water. It will rehydrate your body after a waterless night, fuel your brain, which is composed of 70 percent of water, and kickstart your energy. If you don’t feel like drinking cold water in the morning, try warm water with a slice of lemon.

  1. Infuse water with berries and herbs

If you are not the biggest fan of plain water, add some natural flavor to it! All-time favorites are berries, lemon, cucumber and mint. Also try a combination of strawberries and basil or slices of ginger with fresh lemon juice! In the summer you can also freeze berries into your iced cubes. From time to time, you can also mix fruit or vegetables juices with water or drink herbal teas.

  1. Set a reminder or notification

If you forget to drink regularly, set a reminder or notification on your phone or smartwatch. Set up your routine – drink a glass of water with your morning coffee and before every meal. It will help you to stay not only hydrated but also support your digestive system.

  1. Track how much water you drink

The best way to find out if you are drinking enough water is to obviously track it. There are numerous free and paid applications for smartphones and smartwatches, among the most favorite ones are Daily Water Tracker Reminder, Aqualert or iHydrate. You can also use the Health app on your iPhone or just simply counts the number of water bottles.

  1. Buy yourself a perfect WOW GEAR water bottle

Staying hydrated throughout your day will always be easier with your favorite reusable water bottle. Have you already checked-out our WOW GEAR water bottles? Whether you are hanging from a rock, backpacking in the wilderness or working in the office, our 360 spill free drinking edge allows you to just grab & drink without pushing any buttons or levers. It automatically seals itself so you can get on with your activities. You can choose from various color options from pink, purple, green, white or black and they are all BPA and PVC free plastic or stainless steel materials.

Also in News

Spoutless CUPS For Children With Disabilities
Spoutless CUPS For Children With Disabilities

September 29, 2023

For parents with children with disabilities it is especially hard to choose the right water bottle or a sippy cup that balances great functionality and age appropriateness. 

Read More

Back to School: Keep Your Children Hydrated from the Ringing of the First to the Last Bell
Back to School: Keep Your Children Hydrated from the Ringing of the First to the Last Bell

September 27, 2023

When planning for back to school - Keeping your children hydrated is crucial to help them stay focused and ready to learn and develop new skills! The American Health Association surveyed over 4000 kids in school age (from 9–19) and found out than more than a half of them weren’t adequately hydrated which may affect their capacity of learning.

Read More

Get a Grip on Grilling with GRIPmitt: How long to grill…?
Get a Grip on Grilling with GRIPmitt: How long to grill…?

August 31, 2023

Are you wondering for how long to grill different kinds of meat and veggies every time you are standing at your BBQ station? Today we’ll explore it together! 

Read More